Monday, June 30, 2014

Why I'm Not Blogging Today




   If only everything was upside down.

    Instead, I have side to side, every which way but loose, and piled high to the ceiling in box after box after box.

    And it’s interrupting the regularity of my blogging like a rectum-bound army of King Kong-alikes.

    I hate it when a small job that should take no more than a few minutes spawns a weekend-eating monster of DIY and tectonic plate shifting.

    All I wanted was a new place for the screwdrivers but what began as a modest relocation of the odd Philips has grown into a project to redesign the scullery from inside to top and bottom to out, complete with the need to deploy Polyfilla, an electric sander, and more satin finish canard oeuf bleu than it would take to photoshop for real the peculiar hue of a Winton or a...that awful bloke who used to do Bargain Hunt.

    My one consolation?

    When a similar need to redecorate the entire first floor of the house arose from the discovery of a dicky plug socket in 2010, the prevailing weather was Mediterranean in the extreme and Girly of Whirly and I lost half our body weight in sweat.

    THIS TIME, at least it’s PISSING IT DOWN.

    So, imagine my joy about THAT...


No comments: