Monday, May 27, 2013

Making The Most Of The Blip


    As a nation, the British spend more time than most celebrating national holidays on rainy days.

    Whether it’s the Queen’s official birthday, the mating season for any of her corgis, or simply a day when the banks are shut and ASDA closes at 6pm, the heavens are guaranteed to open for the event.

    But not so today, with any luck.  And not so yesterday either, even though it was a regular Sunday.

    So I’m cheering whoopily in my pyjamas here, poised between the first two decent days out since my mum pushed me round a park somewhere in Skegness in 1967.

    Today, I’m doing Stratford, hoping to take in a feast of Shakespeare and perplexed Japanese tourists.  Yesterday, I did Staunton Harold, and it was splendid.

    Momentarily, I rock.




5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Where's the rain!?!? This is NO WAY to have a Bank Holiday!!

Take care
x

Shona Snowden said...

Momentarily, you do.

Whirlochre said...

It's great to have such a successful bank holiday. The last few have been appalling.

fairyhedgehog said...

Having any sun at all is a miracle lately, let alone on a Bank Holiday. Let's all enjoy it while it lasts.

Whirlochre said...

Yes — it's looking like swimming all the way tomorrow, even down my local high street.