Monday, November 26, 2012

Getting Ready For The Fat Guy


I don’t know about you, but over at Whirl Towers I’m busy ironing tinsel in preparation for the forthcoming Santa Fest.

It’s an unenviable task, necessary every year, and though I’ve been at it since 3am I’ve only managed to flatten out 2,345 sparkly fronds (which is roughly enough to cover about a foot or so down from the angel on my tree).

Add to this the re-inflation of over 200 globes and baubles and the painstaking reconstruction of my 1/32 scale Bethlehem diorama and I’m guessing I have my work cut out till well into the New Year.

But it’s worth all the effort isn’t it?


5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Yes.

:-)

Take care
x

Jinksy said...

Not Pygmalion likely! Nothing appears until Christmas Eve...

Whirlochre said...

People have trees up in my street - which kind of makes me want to shove trees up those people.

fairyhedgehog said...

I feel so embarrassed. I buy pre-ironed tinsel.

How can I show my face now that I've admitted to that?

Whirlochre said...

You could always wear a bag over your head.