Friday, January 13, 2012

Moleculery du Soleil


A cluster of molecules that will form an arc of sunlight over my garden some time around June 8th has been amassing this afternoon for a rehearsal.

Its arrival has opened up a temporal worm hole just behind my shed through which half a dozen  humongously-scrotumed intergalactic warriors have been peering since lunchtime, but in spite of the evident danger I’m in, I’m good with the overall summery glow about the place.

By the weekend, it’s back to lashings of rain (or so we’re told) and temperatures to shame the combined Dickensian freeze-fest of all the recently screened Scrooges and Wooges, and my To Do list has been upgraded accordingly with a multiple underpant plan.

I’m reminded that for the past two years, our bright new Januarys of Hope have come bundled with snow and ice and penis-invaginating frosts, so what a great relief it is to have a smattering  of the brightness to come smatter itself over barren bough and hoppity boppity sparrow.

Checking out now in order to sunbathe, after which I may go on a rampage round my local Tesco in a revealing woolly bikini...


4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

"Every little helps".

:-)

Take care
x

Donna Hole said...

I think this post qualifies as "TMI"; but my brain is still processing some of the imagery.

Yep, I'm a cad.

......dhole

Whirlochre said...

Old Kitty

Especially when it's Jane Horrocks, volunteering to manicure one's toenails...

Donna

As long as you're not referring to Tomorrow May Implode, then that's fine.

fairyhedgehog said...

We celebrated the sunshine by rescuing a mouse from the cat and taking it over to the open area by the duck pond. The frozen duck pond, as it turned out. We didn't provide skates.

Oh, and I found a woolly bikini for you. Is that your size, do you think?