Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Normal We Back Back To


Apart from the subhuman demi-beard threatening to obliterate my face and upper torso, there’s not a great deal of difference between the pre-quadruple-bank-holiday fest and the post-Wedding barbecue clean-up.

Roaring sunshine, “charming” Pippae, weird looking sausages, the loss of Our ‘Enry and Their Laden — all these things look set to persist into the immediate future on the same uncontrolled wave of vacuousness upon which the driftwood of most of 2011 has thus far been afloat.

Here in the UK we now have to slither our collective synapses around a change in the voting system like cerebro-octopi mass hugging a hitherto unknown alien artifact.

Try doing that after you’ve spent four days burning vol au vents and watching 28 hour footage of undiluted pomp.

I’m reminded of the News of the World headline from when Katie Price first started dating Alex Reid:

THE HANGOVER AFTER THE BENDER

Could be a fractious week.

4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

That's why I opt for postal voting! Lots of envelopes to choose from! Take care
x

Whirlochre said...

Old Kitty
Only in repressive regimes do they use the terribly inefficient badger-drawn chariot for transporting democracy's paperwork.

fairyhedgehog said...

I'll manage to stagger to the polling station to vote for fairer voting.

I voted Conservative last time - well, I didn't mean to, I voted LibDem, but that turned out to be a vote for Conservatives. Who'd have guessed?

I'm feeling rather jaded.

Whirlochre said...

Hog of Casting
Unless dale Winton is on the ballot paper this time, I'm not voting.