Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Studying For My O Larvals


It’s been a while now since I rose like a butterfly and flapped my way out of my front door with a smile on my face (in spite of the coily proboscisy suck-up-the-nectar thing poking from my chops).

Maybe it’s been the unrelenting greyness, the unwelcome February agenda. Or maybe my matching Snuggli bedsocks and hat are too comforting, too hard to replace with their matching Worki-Work counterparts.

Without blowing my opposite of a trumpet, the way I’ve emerged from my bed these past few weeks has owed less to levity and potentially uplifting zest and everything to the plummet of a poisoned maggot from a rancid steak in a seedy restaurant.

Oh, how my Michelin hoops of pupe have rolled from the edge of the mattress — apart from the one time I went off at an angle and got suspended in mid-hoop like the coach in The Italian Job.

This morning, I’m happy to say I’ve made something of an improvement. Hobbling two or three yards and walking into a wall isn’t quite The Full Fritillary, I know, but neither is it Hapless Pupoid Limbo, so there’s hope for me yet.

6 comments:

Scarlet Blue said...

One more month of greyness and then hopefully it'll start to improve. Hang on in there - you may yet turn into a butterfly.
Sx

fairyhedgehog said...

Not long now till we put the clocks forward. We've got crocuses and daffodils and I'm sure it's nearly spring.

Whirlochre said...

It's the barbecue summer I'm waiting for...

Mother (Re)produces. said...

Sigh.
I'm not sure things are going to significantly improve for me unless I can get out of this crappy latitude.

Whirlochre said...

At least a crappy latitude is preferable to crappy liederhosen.

stacy said...

Spring is just around the corner, Whirl. Hang in there!