Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh I See — It's A Bin


We’re always being invited to “think outside the box”.

Ironically, this is a very odd box to pass around amongst ourselves.

If there are circumstances and habits which bind us and confine our thinking, why also factor into the creativity conundrum an imaginary container it takes conscious effort from which to extricate ourselves?

The existence of “the box” is itself “the box”.

Too late to disinvent all these ludicrous flaps of phantom cardboard now, I suppose.

So I’m filling mine with frog-shaped cheese and Men from Mars and other illusory nonsense the better that I might speculate more freely.

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

I had a boss who always told me to think outside of the box. It drove me insane. I wish I'd thought of frog-shaped cheese as a response.

Whirlochre said...

Sylvia
I'm a big fan of creativity-enhancing cliches.

Old Kitty said...

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Oh sorry, wrong film!

Take care
x

Whirlochre said...

There's cellophane on them thar Milk Tray...

fairyhedgehog said...

Frog-shaped cheese is definitely set to be the next craze. I hope you've stocked up.

Mother (Re)produces. said...

In my life, it's the people who pester me to 'think outside the box' that get most pissed-off when I do it.

Whirlochre said...

Hoggo Froggo
Frog-shaped cheeses are the new platform soles.

Mother
Ha! They hate it, don't they!