Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Specu-Lash-Whosh


One of the things I’ve come to like about blogging is how it keeps me on my toes.

True, my keyboard sits on a shelf eight feet up my study wall, but even if my ground floor were free of appliance-unfriendly custard, what I now see is a particularly feeble gag would still just about cut he mustard.

In my Abysswinksback hopper I have well over two dozen half-written blog posts which never saw the light of day. Either they ran out of fizz, lacked a backbone of hardcore writing acumen, or focussed solely on contentious subject matter like plucking Daniel Day Lewis, the fate of Buzz Aldrin’s exfoliated skin molecules while he was in orbit, and semen.

I’ve tried several times to breathe life into one or two of these posts like some hapless culinary Frankenstein heating up bubble ‘n’ squeak in a wok, but whenever I've finished, they seem to lumber from the screen like decerebrate laboratory animals, usually giraffes.

Maybe I’m falling prey to my inner Zeitgeist Wand Carver, unable to consider worthy for public utterance anything lacking the zing of nowness. Or maybe that post about semen really was way too infantile.

Or maybe, it’s just a typical Tuesday.

9 comments:

McKoala said...

Some thoughts can never be captured. Let them go free! (Tuesday already? what are you doing up so early?)

Scarlet Blue said...

Some of my posts never cum to fruition either.
Sx

Old Kitty said...

Semen is always good on a Tuesday.

Take care
x

Mr London Street said...

I have a couple I never bothered starting and one half-finished one which looks balefully at me every time I open the folder on my computer. Maybe 2011 will be its year.

writtenwyrdd said...

Just take alternating paragraphs from the unfinished posts and layer them together into a wild cake of nonsense.

Hope you had a lovely holiday season. I'm about to try and keep up with the blog reading again...sort of. Wish me luck.

Whirlochre said...

McKoala
Always up early to do my best in the McKoala Challenge. Plus, if I leave it too long, all the best marmalade gets scoffed.

Scarlet & Old Kitty
Your dual lack of typos is a wonder to behold.

Mr London Street
The worst are the ones which are so old they look like they've been written by someone else.

WW
My wishing of luck is always switched on for you on account of the moose.

Peter Dudley said...

WW's got a good idea there. It would be an interesting cultural experiment to try that, then see if anyone can distinguish it from your normal posts.

I don't get how some people can keep half-written blog posts around. For me, if I like it, I'll finish and post it right away. If it's utter crap, I'll also finish and post it right away.

writtenwyrdd said...

Heh, Whirl. The moose has nothing on the deer I smacked into about a month ago. Didn't hurt me, the car or the deer, luckily. Quite the surreal experience, though.

I shall give the six moose I saw on the way home last night your regards. :) (Yes, six.)

writtenwyrdd said...

Heh, Whirl. The moose has nothing on the deer I smacked into about a month ago. Didn't hurt me, the car or the deer, luckily. Quite the surreal experience, though.

I shall give the six moose I saw on the way home last night your regards. :) (Yes, six.)