Friday, November 19, 2010

Torch The Jester


It’s been a long time since we’ve had a communal voice post thang, but since a whiff of 2008 currently blows across the scene like a bridesmaid’s unconcealable fart at a shotgun wedding reception, a few of us have taken the plunge and committed wiggle of larynx to mp3.*


*I’ll post links here as and when they appear.

This time round, we’re doing pieces of writing from long, long ago. Not so much juvenilia as embryonium.

So here’s one from November 1982, which got performed during one of the many student poetry slams I engaged in as a pre-grunge layabout with zero shaving skills.


video

8 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

That was extraordinary; I particularly liked the genuine medieval toilet plunger, as used by all authentic jesters.

Oh, and the bonus cat! Such a sweetie!

Mother (Re)produces. said...

Ever laugh so hard your stomach muscles get sore? And you can't even close your mouth anymore, and then you start to drool?

pacatrue said...

Oh.

My.

I don't think any of the rest of us need bother now. What more is there to add?

Old Kitty said...

I rang the RSPCA. When I explained, they replied, "We know".

:-) Take care
x

Robin B. said...

Oh my Gawwwwwd!

The bonus cat punctuated this with a big exclamation point. Ha!

(BTW, Geoff is SO very brave.)


BTW #2. Mine's up - but it's just a retrospective. Yours, on the other hand, is splendiferous!

jjdebenedictis said...

Mother Reproduces: Yes. I've done it at least once now.

And I blame the bonus cat. She's a hazard.

McKoala said...

Coming out of post-accident fug to catch up on some of these (never did one myself, too busy being fuggy) - but this is great. Especially your Hallowe'en Sale outfit and Bonus Cat!!! (I hope Geoff will be receiving correctly calculated royalties?)

Whirlochre said...

Thanks all.

Missed getting back to these c/o Spazzmo Paint. Don't ask.