Saturday, July 24, 2010

Snakes Still Alive!


I currently have a couple of posts tumbling about in the hopper, but nothing substantial with which to tempt you to yell, ‘that Whirlochre: what a rum bugger!’

I realise this is like telling half a joke or playing Strip Jack Naked while wearing a hundred tracksuits, but there you go. Soon, those posts will out. And soon, you will yell till those wibbly dangly bits at the back of your throats swell to the size of tinned plum tomatoes.

For now, it’s time to focus on the winner of my Snakes Alive contest. Actually, it wasn’t so much a contest as a complete and utter waste of time — which is not to say that being it’s winner is inconsequential. Far from it. Of the zillion blogosphere podiums it’s possible to be placed upon as a #1, all of mine are well towards the bottom end of the scale, and as we all know, the bottom is much the same as the top as far as getting noticed is concerned. Think of A to Z. Who wants to be a middling M, stuck in the middle of nowhere? Okay, so McKoala does. Not that she ever intended it consciously. But she still won. She's such a fibber.

A shiny Snakes Alive blogger award will be winging its way over to the fearsome marsupial as soon as I can get the laptop off Son of Whirl and design one. It’s the summer holidays, and he intends to spend the whole time languishing here.

9 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

But I'm always tempted to yell:

‘that Whirlochre: what a rum bugger!’

Congratulations to the dreaded Koala!

And I look forward to hearing more from you. Anyone would think you'd been working on novel submissions or something.

Old Kitty said...

Well what was the point of that??
;-)

CONGRATULATIONS scary Koala!!!! I hope it was worth it.

p.s. I don't have wibbly wobbly bits at the back of my throat. I'm a LAYDEE!

Take care
x

Robin S. said...

McK - congrats! Don't kow what you won, but I'm glad you won anyway!

McKoala said...

Hm, don't understand a word of that, but, snakes alive, I won something!

Whirlochre said...

Wunderhoggling
I've been trying to keep that one quiet.

Old Kitty
Glad to hear you're anatomically correct.

Wrobin
I'm not sure what she's won yet, but I'll keep you posted.

McKoala
And you too...

Robin B. said...

OK - lookin forward to seein the prize.

Whirlochre said...

Wrobbin

You've mutated.

And I'm elated.

I just gyrated.

Unabated.

sylvia said...

I was just finally catching up on the blogosphere but now I've clicked that Son-of-Whirl link and son-of-a-gun, I think I might find a way to avoid reading / writing for the rest of the week now.

Whirlochre said...

Glad to be of service...