Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ooh, Look At Me — Mr Guest Blogger Pants (Pants)

Today, for one day only, I’m guest blogger over at one of the funnest blogs on the net, which makes me feel extraordinarily goosebumpy (especially when allied to a desire to leap from my corporeal body à la Dr Strange and bounce, in my ethereal form, all over said swollen goosebumps like a kid at a bouncy theme park). Whoopy Doop Doop.

Yesterday’s guest blogger, the bleepingly talented Natalie, offered up an illustration. To prove I’m more than just a bloke with a big nose in a pretend kilt, I thought I’d do likewise c/o a two minute pencil sketch of the host blogger herself.


As you can see, it’s no masterpiece. It’s not actually any good. OK, if truth be told, it’s almost insulting, and I suppose I’ve blown my chances with the hip San Diego set for good, possibly all humans.

Anyhow, if you click here, you’ll be whisked away to Anothere Worlde where my guest post will feature from some time around Noon GMT (at a guess).

11 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I should have been tipped of by the "great hair".

I can't wait to see what you've written for her. Wow, is all I can say. Wow and wow!

Scarlet Blue said...

...I thought I was going to catch a glimpse of you in your pants...
Anyhow... I will get clicking.
Sx

Melissa said...

Just thought I'd hop over and tell you how awesome I thought your post was! And, while you may have made Kiersten look a bit like a witch, she's so funny I think she'll just view your drawing as comedic, instead of being offended.

Whirlochre said...

Melissa
Thanks for dropping by, and I think you're right about Kiersten. I expect a light beating at best.

Intrigued by your avatar btw. Are you blowing a kiss or holding your own decapitated head up in front of a giant chocolate potato?

jjdebenedictis said...

Thanks for saving the Earth! I appreciate not having to fend off my own aliens.

Old Kitty said...

It's a lovely drawing of Natalie! :-)

I hope you had a nice cuppa tea after your epic alien encounter!

take care
x

Whirlochre said...

JJ
Probably worth mentioning that if ever your drain gets blocked, I have three sink plungers.

Old Kitty
Not sure why, but I can't stop eating carrot cake.

Phoenix said...

Oh, going all guesty on us now, are you, Mr. Unfancy Pants? Barely back from holiday and there you go, off gallivanting on another blog. And saving your best bits for *gasp* another audience.

I feel so betrayed.

(Um, how do I get a gig like that?)

Whirlochre said...

And all without the aid of a pimp...

Kiersten White said...

Actually, that is frighteningly accurate to how I looked after twenty-four-hours of traveling to get home.

But my eyebrows more closely resembled the wolf-man in full bloom. Huzzah for tweezers.

Whirlochre said...

I'd love to see your eyebrows covered in frost.