Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It Can't Be Brain Death, I Can Feel It Too Hard...


It’s as if a badger has sneaked its way between my skull and my brain (carefully, via an ear or nostril, and not by means of some cartoonesque sawing of a hinged bony flap in the loo seat style — for such would be too obvious and I’d have spotted it, the fiend) and slithered backwards with its bristly fur scrapy-scrapy-scrapy against the various tender membranes twixt cranium and occiput, searching, claws bared, for a light switch to help it identify the handfuls of razor sharp antique shuriken dangling from its studded utility belt.


That, and that alone, is what my head feels like today.


No reason — it just does. And I am loathe to yelp, “bummer!”


So I cheer myself with a cartoon.


Happy Tuesday, all.



13 comments:

sylvia said...

Sometimes I wish your descriptions were not so evocative. I felt fine before I came to see what was on your blog. Now I'm rubbing my temples and checking the back for bony flaps.

My word verification is thmangs which is intriguing in its own right.

Hope you feel better soon!

Whirlochre said...

To clarify — I'm not so much sick as busy (though there are no doubt plenty who would consider me sick).

fairyhedgehog said...

Ouch! I hope the headache eases up soon.

Bernita said...

"the handfuls of razor sharp antique shuriken dangling from its studded utility belt."
Ah...you have a migrain?

Whirlochre said...

And here was me thinking I'd cancelled my subscription...

Robin S. said...

I was wondering where you'd been - it's weird when you're 'gone'.

Sorry your head hurts! Is it a sinus infection? Oh-just saw the comments. Busy, not sick.

Be careful - when you get that busy, it can make you feel sick. Or maybe I'm jusy inherently lazy.

Whirlochre said...

Ok, I'll try not to 'go'.

Can't have things getting too weird...

latvialovedoll1877 said...

ur blog is very nice. u want to make pastry with me? i hot girl with hot hot dogs 1 labrodor 1 alsatian. both for sale 30 usd. but pastry yes pastry. i have plain flour and bowl but need eggs. mmmm i love the smell of lynx. its a nice doughy consistency. hot hot hot.

sylvia said...

Wow.

Mother (Re)produces. said...

ouch.

Are you sure it's not an angry koala that's crawled inside your skull? Just asking.

My word verification is dynerbat. How cool is that?

(Hey, whirl- any chance you can hook me up with this latvian chick? Does she do donuts?)

Mother recommends Yoga and donuts for the headache. Gute Besserung.

Whirlochre said...

Sylvia
Loving this new avatar. Very pop queen relaxing at home.

M(R)P
Just googled 'gute besserung', expecting to find a website devoted to the lycra-clad and chomping. It's early.

sylvia said...

LOL, the hairs a bit everywhere, isn't it. It's part of my new diet plan motivation. I'm forcing myself to use up-to-date photos so that I am motivated to lose weight ! :)

Whirlochre said...

If I used up to date photos, I'd be forced to lose the whole shebang...