Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nudge My Creative Nodules; Tease Them, Please Them, Do...


I’m away next weekend — a short trip to Hastings and Boulogne to recreate the magic and mystery of 1066 (and stock up for Christmas at Auchan) — and, rather than simply turn up, have something happen , and then return to Blighty to write an amusing retrospective blog post, I thought I might do something of a pre-emptive strike (in the style of George Bush dealing with people he didn’t much care for) and invite YOU, my wonderful readers, to POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.


What shall I go looking for?

What sort of things shall I photograph?

What ferocity of mule shall I clamber atop as I shake my booty in the All Kent Big Butt Mama Mule Rodeo Sweepstake, dressed as a woman?

This is not so much a competition as a complete and utter waste of time, and I shall bear all/none of your suggestions in mind, depending on how inspiring I find them.

Let me be your eyes and ears; your nostrils, tongue and liver.

And yes, I’m open to poetry.

I promise to deliver...

12 comments:

JaneyV said...

To Hastings goes Whirl for a Battle,
So he's asked us fill in with some prattle,
To be fair he's in shock
Since he misplaced his sock
Somewhere between here and Seattle

McKoala said...

Hm, it's a wine run, isn't it?

Sheer genius, Janey.

I want you to discuss a nasty case of bleeding piles with an elderly Frenchman who not only doesn't speak English, but is also half-deaf, requiring you to yell your side of the conversation extra loud for the rest of the people in Le Pub to enjoy.

Whirlochre said...

What a cheery verse, Janey. I will learn it by heart and sing it in the car on the way down.

As for you, dire marsupial, I think you already know my thoughts about that suggestion. I'll do it!

Kerrie said...

A French Cat in a beret,
A photo of much meritt,
Would make a strange girl happy,
So please in France be snappy.

( sorry about the beret and merit, it was the best I could manage)

Whirlochre said...

OK Kerrie, chats are on the list...

writtenwyrdd said...

Well, since my experience of France is limited to Paris and bad movies...I have to recommend that you photograph phallic phood... You know, of a certain shape. Because I know you can make something funny and rhymey out of it. And because it ought to take your mind off your missing sock.

either that or take pictures of people and make up stories about them.

Because, really, I'm not as clever or funny as you at this sort of thing.

Whirlochre said...

Baguettes, courgettes and drizzles of vinaigrette?

Chris Eldin said...

Phallic blood and bleeding piles? Oh, nothing comes to mind after reading these gems! So I'll just throw my support behind them.
:-)

JaneyV--brilliant!!

Robin S. said...

Pictures of you in full battle dress a la 1066. Or at least a helmet deal. Or I'd settle for a sword. In Hastings.

Sounds like a cool trip!

Whirlochre said...

Pictures of you in full battle dress a la 1066. Or at least a helmet deal. Or I'd settle for a sword. In Hastings.

Such modest ambitions....

sylvia said...

I want a photograph of one of those French rats trying to sneak across to England.

Janey, that was wonderful!

Whirlochre said...

With or without onions?

I'll see what I can do...