Friday, August 28, 2009

Overheard At Whirl Towers


So there I was, sat at the breakfast table, consuming a light early morning feast of scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and muffins, when Son of Whirl shuffles in from the lounge between useless teen TV shows.


Glancing up from my newspaper (Wednesday’s. I know, I know), I watch him toast a slice of bread and take out the HP Sauce from the cupboard.

Aware I’m giving more attention to what Justin “Wank Hair” Toper reveals about my stars than my own flesh and blood, I attempt to make polite conversation.

‘So,’ I say, ‘what’s that you’ve got there?’

Uh ho — that look.

‘Duh! I’m making a brown sauce sandwich, Dad.’ (pause) ‘Or maybe, if I’ve been taken over by Martians, I’m actually spreading destruction on the world...’

Great. Thanks, son.

12 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I followed the link. I see why you call him "wank-hair".

Your son has obviously inherited your sense of humour. I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or commiserate.

(Word verification: matie)

Whirlochre said...

Hey, we've been getting some great word verifications lately. I wonder if there's a special team of copywriters at Google who sit there making them up?

'What about buggerpaps?'

'Sounds too contrived. Make it more random sounding...'

'buggerppaps?'

'Perfect. Schedule it for Fairyhedghog some time over the weekend...'

fairyhedgehog said...

"Buggerppaps" is much funnier than matie. Are you sure you're not on that Google panel?

McKoala said...

Chip off the old block.

Holade! from my wordver.

Whirlochre said...

Holade?

Sounds like the worst fizzy pop ever made.

writtenwyrdd said...

word veri: proddo

I think your son is not only at the eye rolling parents-are-stupid phase, he's your humor clone. Best of luck dealing with that, Whirl!

Whirlochre said...

Proddo?

Sounds like a priapic glove puppet on Nickelodeon.

Give me a few minutes...

Proddo said...

New series soon, folks.

writtenwyrdd said...

Proddo is really a finger puppet...the middle finger. and I can see a mini series of middle finger jokes and skits passing before my eyes, read in your plummy British voice.

word veri: wuction (I think I may just have been guilty of that.)

Robin S. said...

Someday we should alll get together, with our kids. That would be a scream, would it not?


Sounds like sone of Whirl is a chip offa... and that's a good thing!

Robin S. said...

AND, by the way, your EE exercise is a scream, as usual!

sylvia said...

That's excellent. There's definitely a family resemblance! ;)

Word ver: beloadi