Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Conan Lays Eggs


Visitors to this site may remember Conan, The Marauding Pink Fur Apple Potato — see
here and here.

Although it’s been many months now since his shrivelled remains were cast into the Whirl Towers Wormery, to be transformed into urine-like compost juice by the host of wrigglies slithering within, verily the spirit of Conan liveth on.

For at the end of the garden, in a small vegetable patch between the greenhouse, the shallots and the not particularly promising cucumbers, Conan’s progeny now spawns.

Here are the first of his splendiferous eggs...


And here’s my absolute favourite (sadly, now consumed)...


With any luck, over the coming months, a new kind of hero will emerge to embrace the world of speculative fiction with its bizarrely-shaped tuberous wherewithal.

So remember to check in regularly, potato buffs...

16 comments:

McKoala said...

That's quite the wart on the palm of your hand their. Don't be afraid, Whirl, a quick blast of dry ice can get rid of that kind of growth within seconds.

McKoala said...

Yes, I do know the difference between 'their' and 'there'. Sorry. Oops.

Robin S. said...

Can't imagine why you liked the shape of this one to go for it first, Whirl. Ha!

Bevie said...

It looks like something. Possibly a sperm whale making spout. You should have written a hero story for it: Moby Spud - Tubular Wells.

fairyhedgehog said...

So beautiful, I'm moved almost to tears.

So when can we look forward to reading the story of this new kind of hero, then?

Kiersten said...

Oddly enough, those potato pictures make me kind of queasy. At least they aren't mushrooms.

**shudder**

chris eldin said...

The pink stripey socks would look ravishing on those tubers! Please make them ALIVE!!! With those dialog bubbles?

LOL @ your post about onglaizze. I'm still cracking up!

Viv said...

Tubers in the moonlight
playing for me all night
tell me what I want to hear...

Undead Bernard said...

Aye, speakin o' urine-like compost juice, when are ye gonna come round again with that brew o' yours? Whaddya call it? Essence o' Maurice? The boys an me were just wonderin so we can make plans to be there.

writtenwyrdd said...

Sadly, those little mites appear diseased. Bet they are tasty, though!

did you actually pack GOW's pink stripey stocks just to take a picture for us? Awww, how sweet!

Kiersten said...

I can't believe you sold out and added side-bar ads.

By mongeese, no less.

Still, that is a service I desperately need...

pacatrue said...

The most obscene potatoes I've yet encountered. Good work.

Whirlochre said...

Undead Bernard
The problem with...erm...decanting from Maurice is a bit Forrest Gumpoid: you never know what you're going to get.

Writtenwyrdd
Those socks were a lucky find. I'm not that devious.

Kiersten
Glad to be of service. Watch out for more killer products soon.

Paca
I'm sure it must be possible to cultivate vegetable weirdness using miniature jelly moulds. I may try it.

Robin S. said...

Any more foot and knee pics comin' our way?

I'm just sayin'....

fairyhedgehog said...

Robin, I love your I'm just sayin'...

I can almost hear your voice saying it.

Robin S. said...

Ha!

Hey, FH, we'll be getting together again in England next year, and I can't wait! And maybe, just maybe, Whirl will come this time...and McK...to hang out with Janey and Sylvia and you and me. Hell, in a wild world, maybe even ril.

(I'm just sayin'...)