Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Was Hoping For A Lighting Bolt, Or Death By A Zillion Scorpions — But, No...



Dear All

Alas, I have not met the Koala's kind, generous and loving challenge of writing a mere 100 words six days a week. You may not see me for some time, because the depth of the clawmarks in my butt make it impossible for me to sit in a computer chair.

I understand that the only way to be free of the humiliating stain of displaying my 'The Koala Kicked My Butt' badge, and to placate the enraged Koala, is to write a minimum of 2000 words in a single week and also to direct the Koala to some highly witty web site or YouTube video where she may laugh off her disappointment in me. That modest target has been set by the Koala while in a relatively good mood. Further infringements will incur further challenges of increasing complexity.

I also understand that a Goblin, disguised as JJdeBenedictis, will shortly appear and pull out all my toenails.

Yours sincerely

Whirlochre

14 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Oh dear, Whirl. Do blog entries count?

McKoala said...

No.

My badge does look mighty fine, though.

Geoff said...

Tee hee.

His eyes have glazed over like a stunned rabbit...

Scarlet-Blue said...

I can write 100 words a day. This is not to say that they are good words... or that they even go together... indeed it may be the same word x100... [I think this may be cheating].
Sx

JaneyV said...

I feel your pain - no really - I do.

writtenwyrdd said...

I see Geoff is preparing to assist in the shredding. Do I say "Go, Geof!" or "Ooopsie!" for your sake?

Natalie said...

Oh, poor Whirl. That Koala is awesomely vicious. Good luck getting back in her good graces.

sylvia said...

You missed off the PS, I only came here for that bit!

Aerin said...

Damn, Jen gets all the fun jobs.

Chris Eldin said...

AHHAHAHAHA!
Poor, poor whirly.

:-)

Robin S. said...

Oh, honey!

Christ, I'd better stop saying I'm gonna edit and rewrite parts of a story and make it happen, because it looks from her list that I'm one of the next on the list for McKatie-bug Girl.

And Geoff, now that wasn't nice.

Madison the Cat said...

Go, Geoff, go! Wish you were a dude. You could come over and slice up some critters with me.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Hope your posterior is healing nicely. I note the new word counts going up on your sidebar!

Whirlochre said...

Indeedy. And the Koala has prompted some fine stuff...