Monday, May 5, 2008

Protrudio Says — Go Write!


In the spirit of internet blogging and cyber-hugging, Abysswinksback is pleased to announce its very first writing exercise.

Your skeleton suddenly and inexplicably disappears — and yet you’re still alive. How do you feel?

100 words or less, by 23.55GMT Friday 9th May.

Entries will appear some time over the weekend in the order they are received and Protrudio will take a break from his custard-guzzling exploits to reward any participants for their efforts.


4 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

My effort came out at 347 words, so I'll just post it on my blog. Amusing ideas. Flash horror of all things, from me?!

sylvia said...

I'm way late - I know I missed the deadline. I just found this via WW's flash piece and as I've written sod all today I thought I'd give this a go ;)


It wasn't one of my better moments. A crumpled puddle on the floor, thankfully with my eyes on top.

Lucy stood over me, laughing.

"Not such a big man now, are you." For a queen of the demons, she was pretty good at stating the obvious. I was about 4 inches high, counting my eyebrows.

I burbled at her, certain that she would understand. She hooted with laughter.

"Not funny?" She shook her head and laughed some more. "I beg to differ! The look in your eyes is so precious that I wish I had a camera."

I stopped staring at her and wriggled a bit to see if I could move. It was sluggish, but possible. I began to inch my way to the door - not quite the stormy scene I'd envisioned when I'd walked in, but better than lying there being laughed at.

She stepped over me and closed it.

"I don't think you understand," she said.

My nightmare had only just begun.

Whirlochre said...

His Custardship is submerged somewhere on another daring escapade, but I managed to send out an emergency messenger cuttlefish to inform him of your late entry. I liked it, and I'm sure he will too.

Come back soon for further writing exercise fun and a feast of recipe ideas...

sylvia said...

Hurray on both counts!